Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Obligatory Michigan Coaching Search Post

Well we know Jim Harbaugh isn't coming, so I guess I am in the majority of fans worried about the future. So where does that leave us?

Les Miles- Current LSU coach, former Michigan player and assistant coach under Bo. Here is the EDSBS rundown of Miles' year.  He may not get along with Pizza honcho Dave Brandon, however...
Click on image for the goods...

Brady Hoke- Another former Michigan assistant coach. He has done well in his stops at Ball State and San Diego State, but is that enough of a track record? He also looks like Jeff Garlin from Curb Your Enthusiasm...

Jon Gruden-Super Bowl Winner who recently met with Dave Brandon. He would probably cost a couple of draft picks, but the Super Bowl Ring could work better than Snake Oil. He also has movie star looks...

Gary Patterson-He has turned TCU into a National power, but has turned down offers from BCS conference teams before, and now has TCU headed to the Big East which, hold on let me check......Yep, is still a BCS conference. He doesn't have many funny pictures, which excludes him in my book, but he does share a name with an illustrator with an unhealthy obsession with weiner dogs. I would like him, but its a longshot at best.

Chris Peterson-Excelling at Boise State, but doesn't seem inclined to leave his small pond. He also shares a name with another Michigan employee, which could lead to problems with payroll and health care benefits. I also don't see the fan base (i.e. donors) giving the "O.K." to change the color of the playing surface. I also have concerns about his defensive skills, as he couldn't stop Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount from punching his way through the defense....
Hat Tip to LSUFREEK, who is a .gif master
Surprise candidate no one is mentioning right now-Probably overrated, and will want way too much money. Not a "Michigan Man", and is not ready for Big Ten Football.

If I had to put percentages on it, I would go....
Miles-45%
Hoke-25%
Gruden-10%
Patterson/Peterson 1%
Surprise Guy-10%
Jim Harbaugh-5%
Urban Meyer-4&
I am holding out hope that Harbaugh pulls an extended practical joke on us all, or Urban Meyer has a change of heart, and gets the urge to coach again.
Either way, I hope this is cleared up soon, and by soon I mean Monday or Tuesday. Michigan is already losing recruits at an alarming rate, and one bad class can mean no bowl game down the road.









1 comment:

  1. Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just too magnificent. I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a terrific web site.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... bmi chart male

    ReplyDelete