Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Thursday, January 20, 2011

He's Just Not That Into You

The Tigers recently signed Armando Galaragga to a one year deal, avoiding arbitration. They did this right after signing Brad Penny. Ok, maybe Galaragga would slide to the bullpen, or pitch in Toledo, and lay in waiting until someone got injured. Well, he's been designated for assignment. As in, we are going to try to trade you, or just let you go. Or something. Either way, it seems fishy/sketchy. Kurt at Bless You Boys has a great wrap up. Go read that. Go ahead, I'll wait.
...
...
...
My biggest question is did Mando know he would be DFA'd when he signed the deal, or did he blind-sided? I also believe Dombrowski when he says he wants Galaragga to start and will do his best to put him in that situation. It just seems like this could have been handled better. Maybe delay the announcement until a trade was in place? I dunno, man. I feel for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment