Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Friday, January 14, 2011

Denard Robinson to stay at Michigan

Well, I am man enough to admit that I was wrong about this one. This is the happiest I have been to be wrong in a looong time. I assumed that a coach bringing in an offense designed to be different from RRs, would mean the end of the "Shoelace" era. Well, he's staying according to Hoke, The Wolverine is reporting.


Al Borges has enough experience that he should be able to adapt Denard into any offense, while evolving it back to a more conventional Pro-Style, NFL training ground that Michigan fans are used to. Also, RB commit Justice Hayes is hinting on twitter that more commits are coming, and to watch the next few days, so keep an eye out.

All in all, I must say I may have slightly over-reacted in my initial criticism of the Hoke hire. Recruiting will be the biggest sign of success in the short term, so the next few days could be very telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment