Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nicklas Lidstrom Named All-Star Captain

So the NHL is pulling out all the stops to keep from filing bankruptcy. Their latest Hail-Mary is to have their all-star game resemble a pick up game. Instead of East/West, North America/World, or the ill fated 1979 Challenge Cup, they have selected a pool of players and 2 captains. Well Detroit's own Nicklas Lidstrom has been named as a Captain. Seems legit, right?

I am willing to bet that the caveat was that Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin had to be on separate teams. The other captain is Eric Staal, and he plays hockey. I will still never claim to be a hockey expert, but this reeks of desperation. If next year isn't Rock n Jock Hockey, I will eat my hat. (The bacon hat I am currently crocheting, not a real hat.)

But congrats to Lidstrom anyway. He is one of the greatest defensemen in NHL history, and I bet Bobby Orr never got a chance like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment