Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Monday, October 11, 2010

Well that was fun to watch

Sunday's victory against the Rams, summed up in dance courtesy of Alphonso Smith...


That pretty much sums it up. While the victory was impressive, let's not forget it came at the hands of the Rams. Yes, the Rams were coming off of 2 straight wins. This is also the team who held the first draft pick in April. They were one of the few teams that can give the Lions' ineptitude a run for its' money.

But these are the Lions we're talking about. As in Detroit Lions. If it weren't for moral victories, well, they would have one win this season. I want to believe this is the statement win we've been waiting for. I want to believe this was Schwartz putting his stamp on Detroit Lions football. I want to believe that this defense can hold most NFL teams without a TD. But (c'mon, you knew there was going to be a but) I just can't. I have seen it too many times. The cynic in me has to see 3-4 straight games like this before i get excited. Not 38 point victories, but games that let me relax sometime during the third quarter. Games where the defense has so thoroughly deflated the opposing QB's confidence, he looks like well, like a Detroit QB. Dan Orlovsky for example....


(I still love the multiple pump fakes 2 feet out of bounds)

But I can't be a total grumpus. Check out these fun stats from Sunday. Go ahead, I'll wait.

See? So where does that leave us as fans? The Lions take on probably the hottest team in the NFC next Sunday when they go on the road to take on the Giants. The same Giants that sacked Chicago's QBs 10 times in week 4. No matter how his shoulder feels, Stafford shouldn't even dress for a game until after the bye. Shaun Hill is on fire, Calvin Johnson got injured, and Jahvid Best has been contained. Let him totally heal and come back against Washington on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment