Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Monday, December 20, 2010

My SEMS Holiday Wish List

No matter your beliefs, most people celebrate a holiday where you receive gifts around this time of year. I fall into that category as well. I am going to try to not get stuck with socks again by making my wishes known.

I want the whole RichRod situation resolved. I am firmly in the keep him camp, but am smart enough to realize that I am in the minority. So whatever Dave Brandon decides, just be 100% committed to it. The worst thing that could happen is some wishy-washy press conference pledging allegiance "for now" or "for the immediate future". Either fire him, or give him 2 more years (minimum), but make it concrete.

I want the Lions to win out. I realize that means Drew Stanton plays well, and Patrick Peterson will most likely be gone by the time they draft, but I want to see Detroit be more than an off season afterthought for the top free agents. Too many times, the Lions had to overpay to bring in marginal talent. This offseason is going to be crazy, (barring a miracle), and I want to see top players make this their first visit for a change. KVB signed here, but he's old a veteran, and had a long standing relationship with Jim Schwartz.

I want the Pistons to blow it up. All of it. Trade everyone you can. Rip? Gone. Tay? So long. CV and BG? Hasta and La Vista. Keep Greg Monroe, Stuckey, and maybe Jonas Jerebko. Get young players with upside and draft picks. The Iverson trade was supposed to open up money for Bosh/Wade/David Lee/et al. Instead they signed two guys who have started 5 games combined this year. I love Joe Dumars for the early 90's, and 2006, but yikes.

I want the Red Wings to keep doing what they do. I don't know enough about hockey to feel I can make the right changes.

I want the Spartans to remember one thing.


I want the Tigers to make a big trade. Not Aubrey Huff or Jarrod Washburn big. I mean Miggy/Dontrelle big. The Tigers have a few very desirable prospects in Turner, Oliver, Castellanos, Crosby, and Fields. Use them. I remember being livid after I heard they gave up both Andrew Miller and Cam Maybin to acquire Cabrera and Willis. They haven't necessarily panned out, so my position on baseball prospects has softened when it comes to the Tigers. Acquire an impact starter or corner outfielder. I am sick and tired of seeing the Twins make the postseason.

For NCAA football, I want to see Auburn beat Oregon........then get the title stripped in May when the real Cam Newton story breaks. Something has to happen to start cleaning up the game, and Reggie Bush giving back his Heisman isn't enough.

For Ndamukong Suh and Calvin Johnson, I want Pro Bowl starting spots. Suh came into the year with huge expectations, and has lived up to the hype so far. Calvin amazes me week to week, and despite the record, makes the Lions worth watching nationally.

For Jahvid Best, Brandon Graham, Matt Stafford, Troy Woolfolk, and Darryl Stonum, I want speedy recoveries.

That's about it. I don't want to seem greedy...

No comments:

Post a Comment