Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lions-Bears Knee Jerk Reaction


It wasn't as bad as I expected, but sucks just the same. Bad penalties, bad play calling, bad pass defense. Stanton wasn't that bad, but you can't allow your two safeties to be the leading tacklers, and expect to win many ball games. Stanton taught us how NOT to Dougie.

But there were some positives. The Calvin TD.



Cliff Avril jail-sexxed the Bears' offensive line. Suh(minus the penalty) was his normal beastly self. No turnovers. 5.0 yards per carry. Nobody spontaneously combusted, which is a plus.

The song remains the same. Close, but couldn't close. We're used to it. We haven't beaten Chicago, Green Bay, or Minnesota since the George W. Bush administration. In October 2007, we were all Crankin Dat Soulja Boy, and watching Dirty Sexy Money.

I don't know what to say anymore. I don't get upset anymore. I don't yell. I don't curse at referees. I just watch. It's like watching television in a doctor's office. You can't pay attention, because there's that creepy guy two aisles over that refuses to cover his mouth when he coughs, and keeps trying to strike up conversations with people. You are aware what's on, but you can't get too invested. I....shit. Now I can't get the creepy guy image out of my mind. Better quit while I'm ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment