Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Water....Still Wet

What a week for unsurprising news. The Tigers recently announced that Joel Zumaya and Carlos Guillen would not be ready for Opening Day. I don't know how they Tigers will make it through without them. Oh, wait, like they do every year when these guys are injured.

I was shocked when he was given a raise over the winter. See? And I still am. Why don't they sign these guys for $17 and throw in a bunch of incentives? Like "You earn $75,000 for tying your shoes for 3 consecutive days without getting injured" and "Player will earn $40,000 for successfully completing a crossword puzzle without getting a papercut."

I hate to sound like a bitter, untalented, wanna-be athlete when I complain about these things. But, I'm really good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment