Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Thoughts

It started off bad when I looked up and thought Snooki was going to be singing the National Anthem.



Turns out, Snooks might have been a better choice. I was unaware Aguilera was still relevant. I've heard the it's the hardest song to sing, and add to that the pressure of 100,000 people staring at you, and many people would forget the words to a song we learned when we were 7. It was just a bad choice. She was following the lips from Glee, and was competing with the awful Bud Light commercials. They should have gone with someone who doesn't have to keep repeating the words "Keep your legs closed. Keep your legs closed. Keep your legs closed." the way Christina does. She probably rushed through the song before she did anti-FCC things to the mic she was holding. As Brian from MGoBlog said on Twitter..."And now, to honor America, the whoriest whore we could find."

Unfortunately, it would prove to be the best musical performance of the evening. I will start by saying that I am not a Black Eyed Peas fan. I have never liked one song the "sing" and I think if Fergie, Lady Gaga,and I all got up to pee, we'd be shoulder to shoulder at a line of urinals. But even I had no idea how bad it could get. We quickly found out. It started off bad. Like bad, bad. Then when the music for "Sweet Child O Mine" started, I said to myself, I says "self, this is about to get better" only to be let down again. Fergie either got shot or stubbed her toe on the way to accost Slash. To call what that was singing is a slap in the face to Milli Vanilli's illustrious career. I.....wha.....yeah. Then Usher came out, danced around to backing vocals, did the splits, and get the fuck outta there before he caught whatever suck was lingering in the air. I would have rather watched a new episode of "Grey's Anatomy" featuring the cast of "Teen Mom" than watch a condensed version of any song performed during half-time.

The game was meh. Considering Pittsburgh had a chance to take the lead with less than a minute left, the whole game was boring. Take away the dropped passes and dumb penalties, and Green Bay wins by 4 TDs. The only interesting thing were the injuries. People were dropping like kids at an all you can eat sushi bar. I turned my phone on in case Ted Thompson called and asked me to play corner. The final score was 31-25, and, as you can see here, I predicted 31-27. 

Lastly, I really hated the Black Eyed Peas half-time show. I wasn't sure if I made that clear earlier. On to the Detroit Super Bowl, A.K.A. The NFL Draft.




No comments:

Post a Comment