Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fantasy Update



The Official SEMS Fantasy Team is off to a great start. If the numbers aren't clear, I have 94 points. Second place is at 78.5. I know it's early, but I am still stoked.

Some moves that have been made include dropping Jesus Montero for Carlos Beltran. Dropping Beltran for Willie Bloomquist. Dropping Tsuyosi Nishioka and his broken leg for Brennan Boesch. And switching Anaheim closers, dropping Fernando Rodney for Jordan Walden. I figure with Heyward, Stubbs, Quentin, and Pence I can take fliers on Bloomquist (who is ranked number 1 by yahoo right now) and hope Boesch has a first half like last year and I can sell him high.

Areas for improvement include steals (I am ranked second to last, 5 behind the leader) and WHIP (ranked 6th). Everything else is at 8.5 or higher. Maybe I can swing a trade for someone to help in steals, or maybe Bloomquist has proven he needs to be in the lineup while filling in for Stephen Drew. He currently leads the majors with 5 steals.

All in all, I am obviously happy. I lead the league in 7 of 11 categories (5 outright and 2 ties) so I don't want to make any drastic moves. I also have several underachieving players like Buster Posey, Hunter Pence, and Brandon Lyon. I can't fault Lyon. It's hard to get saves when your team is 1-6.

More updates to come. I think I may try to make a trade just for the hell of it. Call me Brian Cashman.

No comments:

Post a Comment