Follow SEMICHSPORTS on Twitter

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Its officially football season

With a seemingly innocuous throw to first, the last reason to watch the Tigers this year was helped off the field. When George Luke Carlin attempted to pick Cabrera off in the 7th inning last night, it marked the end of baseball for me this year.  Sure, I will watch a few playoff games, and the World Series is an annual tradition, but having been eliminated from every fantasy baseball league I am in, and Cabrera's jheri-curl being shelved, I.....I just can't bring myself to care about baseball anymore.  I hope Austin Jackson wins ROY.  I hope Scherzer keeps up his outstanding second half.  I still have an outstanding bet that Bonderman and Inge bonk their heads together "Stooges" style and join Miggy on the bench. But the annual post all-star break free fall eliminated any post season hopes by mid- August as it is, so this is the final straw.

So on to football. The Lions are....the Lions.  Is it bad that I am already getting excited about the possibility of LSU's Patrick Peterson donning the Honolulu Blue and Silver? Or how about A.J. Green reuniting with Glass Shoulder Matthew Stafford.  I know, I know.  Another 1st round WR, but honestly why not? When Derrick Williams and Bryant Johnson actually see the field, WR depth is not a team strength.  There are no OT prospects proving themselves worthy of top-5 consideration. The DL is one of the few areas that can be considered league average or better. There has to be a Penn St. LB available in the second round to lead the team in tackles next year (seriously, do they grow them on trees over there?). I digress....Like a battered wife, I love you Lions.  I should run away from you and never look back, but I keep buying the "I've changed" routine, and you keep buying me shiny gifts to distract me from your ineptitude (Suh, Best, Megatron, and the little blue Tiffany box of purchased affection.....


If Tim Toone gets stashed on the practice squad all year, I swear to Chet Lemon (my Detroit sports deity) that I'm done.

In the "It's only a matter of time department", no Spartan football players have been arrested recently. Bravo.

I kid. Get better, coach D.

And finally, my beloved Wolverines. For all the love, locally and nationally, that Denard Robinson is receiving (its well deserved, but c'mon. If I hear Woody Paige make one more "Shoelace" joke, I may go all Michael Douglas in "Falling Down") the defence (shout out to Canada. Free health care, fries with gravy, and cooler looking spellings of everyday words.) needs to be addressed. I was always told that "if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".....

No comments:

Post a Comment